Deputy Director's Office
The Deputy Director's Office is responsible for:
- general policy and planning advice to the Director on all management matters
- Transport Systems
The University strives to minimise energy consumption through efficient operational control and by promoting energy awareness to the University community.
To reduce parking and traffic pressures, the University encourages public transport, walking and cycling as alternatives to driving to UQ.
University sites have provision for staff, student and visitor car parking. Paid parking applies on the St Lucia, Ipswich and Herston campuses between 7am and 9pm; and at Turbot Street between the hours of 7:00am and 6:00pm. UQ Gatton campus does not have a paid parking scheme but does have a permit system. The Paid Parking Scheme applies at the PACE site 24-hours a day, 365 days a year, including examination periods and vacations.
- Click here for more information about Parking at UQ
- Click here for more information about Sustainable Transport
- click here for section contacts
The Sustainability Office, Property and Facilities Division, manages the University's Environmental Management System and promotes best environmental practice at UQ. The section provides a range of support and advisory services to the University community.
Key activities include:
- Environmental Legal Management
- Development and maintenance of Environmental Management Systems ( EMS )
- Management of Environmental issues on UQ campuses and sites
- Energy Management
- Water Management
- Auditing Programs
- Data management related to energy and greenhouse gas emissions, waste and water
- Training and Awareness Programs
- Producing environmental reports, plans, publications and other documents
The Sustainability Office also maintains the UQ Sustainability website.
The UQ Sustainability website provides a diverse range of information on environmental responsibilities, procedures, sustainability themes, engagement programs and initiatives at the University of Queensland.