Planning, Space & Property
Planning provides physical planning for University sites to guide the overall development. Services include:
- preparing new and updating existing Site Development Plans for University campuses;
- assessing and recommending sites for projects and particular uses;
- reviewing building or site proposals in terms of the existing site conditions, proposed use and requirements of the Site Development Plan; and
- preparing studies including built form analysis and local area (precinct) studies.
- advise on development approval processes for major and minor building works and site development works (buildings, civil, works and landscaping projects) through the various working parties, Buildings and Grounds Committee and Senate;
- participate in the Property and Facilities Planning Cell review and advice during the design of projects;
- prepare the design guide for University projects;
- co-ordinate supporting documentation eg. heritage protocols, property evaluation, landscape notes;
- Managing the portfolio of residential premises that are leased by students and staff at St Lucia, Gatton and Pinjarra Hills
- Managing the lease and license arrangements with external parties for office, teaching, laboratory and ancillary space
ARCHIBUS is an enterprise facilities management system that provides a range of integrated modules for the management of space, real estate and asset management - click here for more information.
Staff and Student Housing
Queries relating to the leasing of residential accommodation by staff and students are managed by the Residential Property Officer in Planning, Space & Property. Contact 334 69161.
Leases and Licenses
Queries relating to the lease and license arrangements with external parties for office, teaching, laboratory and ancillary space are managed by the Property Officer in Planning, Space & Property. Contact 57974.