How do I submit a fire safety issue or enquiry?
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Fire Safety Officer: David Peebles
How do I contact the Fire Safety Officer?
- Ph: 334 69723
- Fax: 336 51900
- Email: email@example.com
- Mobile: 0423 782 292
- Phone: 336 52222
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 336 51013
- Online Work Order system: wccrequest.pf.uq.edu.au
What are the typical fire requests that are logged?
- fire safety risk management for UQ sites and ensuring statutory compliance
- maintaining the Fire Warden Database and University Fire Safety Management Plan (FSMP)
- provide fire safety training and technical advice to staff
- ensure that all provisions of the FSMP are undertaken within the set timeframes
- ensure legislative requirements in relation to fire safety and evacuation exercises are completed with the set time frames
- supervise UQ Fire Services contracts
- investigate and report all fire incidents on all UQ sites
- maintaining and upgrading fire safety services on campus
- fire detection systems
- fire audits and inspections
- extinguisher, hose reel and fire hydrants
- breathing apparatus
- conducting fire safety and equipment training demonstrations
- drills for staff and students
- All UQ staff must complete the online fire safety training module annually
- The fire training module will take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
- At the end of the module you will be tested on the information. If you pass, please ensure you enter your details correctly and follow the prompts until you receive the message that says "Thanks your results have been sent."
- Your results will be automatically registered in a database and you will be able to print off a certificate for your own records.
- If you do not achieve a pass result, you will need to repeat the assessment. There is no limit on the number of times you can attempt the assessment.
- Fire Extinguisher training - The course objective is to adequately train staff in first response for fires. It is relevant for fire wardens (chief, deputy and floor), safety coordinators, OH&S staff, all people working with flammable metals (staff & students), and P&F trade staff. If in doubt, please enquire.
- Fire Warden training - The course objective is to train staff to become adequately trained first response fire wardens. It is relevant for new and existing fire wardens (every 2 years) and any potential fire wardens.
- Fire Safety Adviser training - This course is an accredited Fire Safety Adviser Training Program in compliance to QFRS guidelines. Relevant for Security staff, safety coordinators , OH&S staff and chief fire wardens upon request. Please note: the whole course must be completed to receive the Certificate.
Online Fire Safety Training
Additional Fire Safety Training (fire extinguisher, fire warden and fire safety advisers) for UQ staff and students
Additional training is given for Fire Safety Training for UQ staff and students:
To register for training, email your booking details to email@example.com
- The fire fighting equipment is illustrated on the Fire Evacuation Plans in all buildings. These show equipment, evacuation paths and assembly areas.
- Please ensure that you are conversant with the plan when occupying UQ buildings
- The FEE plans are also available online:
The University has the following processes for:
- Fire Safety Management Policy [PPL]
- Fire Safety Management Plan (FSMP) Procedures [PPL]
- Fire Emergency Evacuation Procedures [PPL]
- Fire Emergency and Evacuation (FEE) Plans and Diagrams [database]
- Chemical Spills [OH&S Unit]
- Rural Fire Management Manual for UQ Gatton Campus [PDF - 876KB]
- Emergency Contacts at UQ [P&F]
(These procedure are monitored by the UQ Emergency Control Organisations)
- A compulsory annual fire evacuation drill is conducted during normal operating times in each UQ building.
- This drill is a legislative requirement and must carried out to a compliant standard.
- Preventive fire alarm procedures are in place for permitted building works and authorised activities.
Fire related Forms:
UQ Fire Safety Management Policies [UQ PPL]