Herston Campus - Casual Parking
What do you need to know?
** Paid parking applies on the Herston campus between 7am and 9pm **
- Please note, casual parking at Herston Campus is currently extremely limited due to construction of the Oral Health Building.
- Parking is limited during teaching periods.
- Queensland Traffic Regulations apply 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. The speed limits on campus provide major safety benefits, and are enforced by Queensland Police.
- The University accepts no liability for damage to vehicles driven or parked on its property – these activities are undertaken at the driver's/owner's risk.
What type of casual or visitor parking do you want?
All Day Flat Rate - Pay and Display Machines
Pay & display tickets must be displayed on the dashboard with the details visible from outside the vehicle. An "All day Herston Only" permit must also be displayed. UQ staff and students may apply for one of these permits:
- Please click here to download Parking Permit Application Form A - PF01 [PDF - 56KB]
- After completing the form please deliver it by fax, email, or by hand to PF Assist (Building 42).
All-day zone parking areas at UQ Herston are indicated on the parking guide maps by the colour dark blue.
- Insert sufficient coins - watch the display screen
- Press the Red button to cancel, or the Green button to proceed
- Retrieve permit from the dispenser that is located towards the middle of the machine
Long Term parking
Long Term parking is not currently available at the Herston Campus due to construction works.
Long-term parking areas are indicated by the colour purple on the parking guide map.
Pay & display machines do not give change, and it is the users' responsibility to tender the correct fee, or to suffer the consequent overpayment. Minimum payment is 20-cents.
Where may I park my Motorcycle?
A small area is provided behind the Public Health Building. Please note that motorcycles may not be parked in any other location.
Motorcycles may not be parked in parking bays assigned for cars in any zone on all University sites. This condition applies at all times.
For the purposes of the Paid Parking Scheme, all scooters - whether or not they are required to be registered with Queensland Transport - are treated in the same way as motorcycles.
How do I pay?
Please note that the All-day zone pay & display tickets are valid in motorcycle parking areas. It is suggested that the rider writes his/her registration number on the ticket before displaying it on the bike.
Service & Maintenance Vehicles
Parking spaces are provided in the carpark behind the Public Health Building, not far from the lift entry. These spaces may only be used by vehicles whose driver is engaged in service or maintenance of equipment or infrastructure, or by courier vehicles. A University-issued Service and Maintenance permit must be displayed at all times by vehicles other than marked UQ vehicles.
On this site
Speed Limits on Campus