Security provides and maintains a protected and secure environment for all persons on University sites; to protect University assets from theft, damage or destruction; to respond to emergencies. These responsibilities are undertaken within the legal parameters of the law and standards set are consistent with general community standards.
How do I contact Security?
- Phone: Routine Security enquiries: 336 51234
General reception: 336 56003
- Fax: 336 51600
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: St Lucia campus - Prentice Bldg (42) - click here for map
Gatton campus - NW Britton Bldg - click here for map
Ipswich campus - Bldg 2 - click here for map
What other types of Security services are provided?
- providing security advice to all UQ campuses;
- conducting investigations - criminal and security related; providing liaison with Queensland Police and other external organisations when necessary;
- maintaining records of events that occur on University sites: e.g. theft, suspicious vehicles, suspicious persons, incident, function, emergency call point and deviation reports;
- providing Information Booth services;
- providing after-hour access for contractors, staff and students;
- providing security education seminars for staff and students;
- providing in-house Security Training Programs; and
- maintaining and monitoring the Emergency Call Point network and electronic security systems.
On this site
Security is available