Keeping Safe on Campus - UniSafe
The UQ UniSafe personal safety awareness program, launched in 1992, was the first of its kind at an Australian university. As part of it's concern for personal safety, the University urges awareness of the dangers inherent in any comparably sized community. Staff, students and visitors can help make the campus safer for everyone by:
- recognising and taking conscious steps to avoid potentially risky situations
- reporting any suspicious behaviour on campus to Security, no matter how minor it may appear
- avoiding walking alone at night
- travelling with a friend whenever possible - where not possible, organise a UniSafe Escort
- always using well-illuminated walkways and preferred paths during darkness
- ensuring that all vehicles are locked when parked
- reporting all thefts and other incidents to Security
- using the UniSafe Bus service for travelling around the St Lucia campus at night
- ensuring Departmental staff are aware of safety issues
Click here for information on:
Security is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Call: 3365 1234 or 1800 800 123.
For emergencies call 3365 3333.
UniSafe Brochures - St Lucia Campus [PDF - 1.7MB] - Gatton & Ipswich campuses [PDF - 1.5MB]
On this site