Energy & Sustainability
The University strives to minimise energy consumption through efficient operational control and by promoting energy awareness to the University community.
- Click here for more information
- Click here for information on UQ Solar
- Click here for the Power Generated Photovoltaic array live data feed
- click here for section contacts
The Sustainability Office, Property and Facilities Division, manages the University's Environmental Management System and promotes best environmental practice at UQ. The section provides a range of support and advisory services to the University community.
Key activities include:
- Environmental Legal Management
- Development and maintenance of Environmental Management Systems ( EMS )
- Management of Environmental issues on UQ campuses and sites
- Energy Management
- Water Management
- Auditing Programs
- Data management related to energy and greenhouse gas emissions, waste and water
- Training and Awareness Programs
- Producing environmental reports, plans, publications and other documents
The Sustainability Office also maintains the UQ Sustainability website.
The UQ Sustainability website provides a diverse range of information on environmental responsibilities, procedures, sustainability themes, engagement programs and initiatives at the University of Queensland.