Planning, Space & Property
Planning provides physical planning for University sites to guide the overall development. Services include:
- preparing new and updating existing Site Development Plans for University campuses;
- assessing and recommending sites for projects and particular uses;
- reviewing building or site proposals in terms of the existing site conditions, proposed use and requirements of the Site Development Plan; and
- preparing studies including built form analysis and local area (precinct) studies.
- advise on development approval processes for major and minor building works and site development works (buildings, civil, works and landscaping projects) through the various working parties, Buildings and Grounds Committee and Senate;
- participate in the Property and Facilities Planning Cell review and advice during the design of projects;
- prepare the design guide for University projects; and
- co-ordinate supporting documentation eg. heritage protocols, property evaluation, landscape notes.
The space section of P&F provides space planning advice, including recommendation on allocation, reallocation, refurbishment, rehabilitation and adaptive reuse of existing spaces. Services also include:
- provision of annual and ad hoc space management reports for the ISC, Government, TEFMA and Group of Eight (Go8) Directors.
- provision of UQ space use guidelines including professional staff offices and teaching facilities.
- training in ARCHIBUS*
- space utilization audit
The figure below illustrates the University’s space management framework.
Further information regarding space management, including policy and procedures can be accessed through the UQ PPL.
The space categories are set by the Go8 Space Group and are in line with TEFMA reporting. Benchmarking is done at a Go8 and TEFMA level.
For space request, Faculties and Schools should contact Barbara Robinson – Space Manager, via email - email@example.com. Space requests should include the size, duration, general location and proposed activity details.
*ARCHIBUS is an enterprise facilities management system that provides a range of integrated modules for the management of space, real estate and asset management – click here for more information.
The Space module and Employee module relate closely to space and access is available to all staff.
Staff and Student Housing
This section manages the portfolio of residential premises that are leased by students and staff at St Lucia, Gatton and Pinjarra Hills. Queries relating to the leasing of residential accommodation by staff and students are managed by the Residential section. Contact Manager Property - email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here for information on Dell Lodge - a small block of units at St Lucia catering exclusively to University affiliated travellers
Leases and Licenses
This section manages the lease and license arrangements with external parties for office, teaching, laboratory and ancillary space. Queries relating to the lease and license arrangements are managed by the Manager Property. Contact Manager Property - email email@example.com.
- Retail Outlets Feedback Form - have your say here
Vending Machine Procedure and Applications
This section manages applications for Permission to Install Vending machines in University buildings. Contact Manager Property - email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vending Machine Procedure [PDF]
- PF157 Application for Vending Machines in University Buildings [RTF]
The UQ Centre is a multifunction premier venue used for graduations, ceremonies, exhibitions, conferences, banquets, lectures and cultural and sporting events. The UQ Centre is available for hire to a wide range of community groups, organisations and associations.