The Fleet Services section is responsible for a range of activities concerned with the fleet of vehicles and plant owned by the University and the mobility of University staff and students via hire vehicles, scheduled bus services and charters.
Information on services provided:
New vehicle purchases for UQ faculties, departments and centres are ordered through P&F Fleet Services under the whole-of-Government Panel Arrangement with QFleet. This arrangement and better asset management practices can provide significant savings and whole of life cost containment for the University.
Customer responsibilities under this Arrangement include preparing yearly reports on the expected number of new vehicle purchases for the period 01 July to 30 June. The Government (QFleet) requires this indicative data by 26 March each year. This is supplied from the faculty procurement groups to the FBS procurement group, P&F Fleet Services and Qfleet .
The vehicle or plant intended for disposal is delivered to Building 85, Garage Compound, cleaned and valued, then sent to public auction.
Reconciled funds are deposited to an account as nominated on the PF330 Purchase & disposal form.
P&F Fleet Services team contact details are:
Administration and Registration
Vehicle administration begins on receipt of a new vehicle at the P&F Fleet Services Garage (building 85 St Lucia Campus). The vehicle is inspected and released to the custodian after vehicle and account details are uploaded to the Archibus Fleet software.
Staff who manage these assets can request access to Archibus. Using this software can enable staff to track kilometre usage and vehicle costs to better enable efficient usage, and also to access the training guides.
P&F Fleet Services staff can also provide reports on usage and costs per kilometre as requested, or can edit chart of account or other vehicle details e.g. change of vehicle custodian. Contact our staff at FleetServices-StLucia@pf.uq.edu.au.
The annual registration of all University vehicles occurs on our common due date of 01/11.
UQ has a unique identifier under which vehicles should be registered and this is managed during vehicle purchase.
At registration renewal these fees are paid in bulk and the charges journaled to vehicle accounts as provided.
Any vehicle infringement notices issued by the Queensland Police or other road authorities are sent to the University Fleet Officer for processing. In the case of departmental or executive vehicles these are forwarded to the vehicle custodian to provide a statutory declaration back to Queensland Police.
For University Pool vehicles, the driver is identified by the vehicle booking log and asked to provide address and licence details. The University Fleet Officer then processes the declaration back to the Queensland Police for reissuing to the individual.
- UQ plates do not provide parking infringement immunity.
- UQ decal and plated vehicles are authorised on UQ campuses in:
- Service & Maintenance bays
- 14P (All-day) zones (all campuses and sites)
- Conifer Knoll Car Park, Level 1, Restricted Zone
- Penalties can be enforced for parking outside these zones.
Toll transponders are placed in all P&F Pool vehicles therefore access to toll roads is unrestricted.
How do I order a fuel card?
Fuel cards are ordered for fleet vehicles via whole of government supply. This aggregates volume to obtain competitive pricing using Caltex and BP cards.
Fuel cards can be ordered by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 336 53316.
What happens if I lose or damage the fuel card?
Lost, stolen or damaged fuel cards should be reported immediately to FleetServices-StLucia@pf.uq.edu.au
What reporting is required?
Custodians and drivers are required to input kilometre readings at Caltex and BP fuel sites when paying with a fuel card.
Details of fuel usage from these two suppliers are reported monthly to P&F Fleet Services and uploaded to Archibus. These charges are then journaled to vehicle accounts.
Where can I fill the fleet vehicles?
- Caltex and BP fuel sites
- UQ on-site bowsers are located at the Fleet compounds:
P&F Fleet Services provides service and maintenance to all University passenger vehicles, trucks, tractors and plant. These are logged in the Archibus system and available to view by registered users.
Vehicle service information and due dates are also visible on service stickers on vehicle windscreens for vehicle custodian’s reference.
All UQ vehicles are covered nationally for breakdown and roadside assistance by RACQ Fleet Care.
- In all cases of breakdown the RACQ is to be advised in the first instance on 1800 648 058.
- Drivers should provide our service number on the key tag in the glove box.
Emergency procedures and claims
- Download the Glovebox procedures for vehicle emergencies PF631 [PDF]
- Download the Vero Drive Claim App
With Vero's claims app, you can make a claim request at the accident scene - speeding up VERO's already efficient claims service. So make sure you download the Vero Drive Claims App from the App Store or Google Play today.
- Should there be an incident which results in damage to a UQ vehicle please lodge a claim - procedure available here.
An excess of $2000 may apply. If the damage is under this amount the claim can be cancelled and the invoice paid directly to the repairer.
|St Lucia||Transport Officer Technical||Frank Redsell
||email@example.com||Industrial Centre, Bldg 85, Hood Street, St Lucia|
|Gatton||Gatton Transport Officer Technical||Adrian Kraatzfirstname.lastname@example.org||Transport Office, Bldg 209, Gatton|
UQ Fleet Vehicle - St Lucia campus
How do I book a UQ Fleet Vehicle at St Lucia?
- You must be an authorised UQ driver to book a UQ Fleet Vehicle. To become an authorised UQ driver, please complete PF323 Authority to Operate UQ vehicles form [RTF] and lodge with your Faculty, School or Centre for approval.
- Authorised drivers are to complete PF322 Requisition for Booking a Vehicle and forward it to P&F Fleet Services at FleetServices-StLucia@pf.uq.edu.au.
How much will hiring a vehicle cost?
What type of vehicles are available for hire?
Vehicles current available for hire in the UQ Pool Fleet:
Ford Mondeo Wagon
Toyota Camry Hybrid
Toyota Prius C Hybrid
Mazda BT50 Single Tray Ute
Toyota Hi Ace Van
Fleet Services have partnered with Australia’s largest car sharing scheme, GoGet, to make vehicles available to staff and students as an adjunct to the pool of vehicles available for hire. It is hoped that this initiative proves to be an innovative and convenient service which reduces vehicle numbers and eases parking congestion on campus.
How it Works
- Users must be registered as a member of the service and are provided with a unique swipe card.
- Online bookings can be made by the hour or by the day.
- Competitive rates include, fuel, maintenance, cleaning and insurance.
- An iPhone app is available and provides location details for all cars in the network, Australia wide.
How do I book a GoGet Vehicle at St Lucia?
Hirers must be a member of the service, there are three types specifically available for UQ staff and students:
- UQ Students
- UQ Staff Business Use - for UQ business and corporate card holders
- UQ Staff Personal Use
UQ staff business use account
UQ staff using the service for UQ business use will have a departmental account or accounts set up by corporate card holders. This provides :
- The ability to nominate other staff as GoGet users
- A unique swipe card for each user
- Bookings by the hour or day via web, app or phone
- Cleaning , Fuel, Maintenance, Parking and Insurance included
- Monthly invoice with trip comments and activity report
- Dedicated parking bays
The swipe card and booking system can be used across the network of vehicles in Queensland and Interstate.
**Please check with corporate card holders in your area to see if an account already exists.**
How much does it cost?
- Competitive hourly and daily rates apply.
- For UQ students and UQ Staff Business Use - there are no joining or ongoing membership fees.
- For UQ Staff Personal Use - there are no joining fees and the ongoing membership fee is waived for a period of 12 months.
- The costs are displayed on the system and may vary slightly depending on model of car hired.
For more information on rates, please visit the relevant service page:
- UQ Students
- UQ Staff Business Use - for UQ business and corporate card holders
- UQ Staff Personal Use
Where are the GoGet cars located on St Lucia campus?
The GoGet cars are available for bookings in the following locations:
- three cars are available in University Drive
- two cars are available in the Parnell carpark (Physics Annexe)
University Drive - Kimberley, Mona, Maiko
Parnell carpark - Adeo & Asimina
Fleet Services have upgraded the vehicles at the Gatton Campus which enables users to book on-line and access 24 hours/7 days a week. Vehicles are available for business and private use. National bookings can be sourced in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Brisbane.
Should you wish to register, please contact your School/Dept. Admin person below:
- UQ Office of Director email@example.com
- SAFS UQ SAFS firstname.lastname@example.org
- UQ Property and Facilities email@example.com
- UQ OMC firstname.lastname@example.org
- UQ Examinations email@example.com
- Halls of Residence firstname.lastname@example.org
- UQ Library email@example.com
- UQ Veterinary Science firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Science email@example.com
- Gatton Vocational Education firstname.lastname@example.org
After you have registered as a driver, payment options can include your Departments business account, your own procurement card or your personal credit card.
To book, log on to flexicar https://booking.eileo.org/flexicar/#/login, enter suburb “Gatton Campus 4343 “select time, date and vehicle. A booking confirmation will go to you and the account administrator. A pin number will be sent 15 mins prior to your booking time. Use this pin once on pick up and again at the end of the trip. During your booking the key can be used for open / close / locking doors.
Call 1300 36 37 80 with your booking reference if there are any issues with your booking or the vehicle.
Flexicar for students
Book a Flexicar by the hour or by the day for the freedom of owning a car, without the cost of buying one. UQ students get a free membership when you select the University of Queensland rate plan when you sign up. Join online at flexicar.com.au or call 1300 36 37 80.
Rates for UQ Gatton
|Annual Membership Fee||WAIVED||WAIVED||WAIVED|
|Monthly Minimum Cost||N/A||WAIVED||N/A|
|Driving Included with Each Hourly Booking||Unlimited Free KMs||Unlimited Free KMs||Unlimited Free KMs|
|Driving Included with Each Daily Booking||100kms||100kms||100kms|
|Additional Driving||39c per km||25c per km||39c per km|
|Standard Damage Cover Excess||$1500||$1200||$1200|
|Reduced Damage Cover Excess (*surcharge applies: $2hr capped at $15day)||$400*||$0*||$0*|
|Young Driver (under 21) standard damage cover excess||$1500||$1500||$1500|
|*Staff can self-select to a cheaper rate-plan by pre-purchasing driving credit.|
For more information, please visit www.flexicar.com.au.
The University of Queensland provides staff and students with two free bus services, the Intercampus bus service and the St Lucia-Long Pocket shuttle. These services are provided for UQ students and staff who are working on campus. It is not a public bus service, however bona fide visitors attending on UQ business may arrange to obtain a permit to travel on these buses. Please make sure to pre-book your intercampus bus trips. By booking the day prior to travel you help ensure we provide the best service and leave no one behind.
A charter bus hire service is also available through UQ's bus service provider, Belbaker Pty Ltd. It includes the provision of charter buses for student transfers and ceremonial events in modern air-conditioned buses.
On this site